- Read more about Yemen, understand it, and talk to your friends about it. (ask us for book recommendations if you like).
- Know that it's ok to say I don't understand Yemen, after all it's a VERY complicated country.
- For people on twitter, don't RT information on numbers of deaths or injuries without a source, because that could unintentionally contribute to misinformation which could be harmful to the cause.
- Show a film about Yemen and hold a discussion after wards. You can invite activists to speak via skype.
- Write about Yemen in your blog, website or on your facebook wall.
- Add a book on Yemen to be read and discussed in your book club.
- Hold a march to support Yemen and pass out leaflets and information about the events in the country.
- Circulate information from various parts of Yemen, not just the capital.
- Circulate local blogs.
- Lobby your government using reports by Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International on Yemen. In addition, to reports by local human rights groups and independent coalitions.
- Link Yemeni revolution to broader issues of social equality, freedom, and justice throughout the world.
- Circulate information about the humanitarian situation, daily life, power outages, increase in prices, and economic disaster.
- Circulate as many videos and photographs as possible.
- Help us consolidate all websites on the Yemeni Revolution.
- Help raise funds for local humanitarian organizations to help alleviate ongoing crisis.
- Help set up a photography exhibit on the Yemeni Revolution.
- Help raise funds for Yemeni activists to come speak at an event in your school, organization, or community.
- Create a supportYemen group in your community and join the Support Yemen campaign. People in Yemen can provide the information, videos, photographs, and people abroad can do awareness raising, hold events, and campaign for Yemen. (website coming soon: http://supportyemen.org/)
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Simple ways to support Yemen from abroad
Support Yemen website is running, it will include more detailed information regarding each point.